- SableHD™ for highest resolution, sampling rate and accuracy
- High-throughput and efficient workflow
- Flexibility to run multiple studies simultaneously on one set of equipment
- Secure browser-based access to real-time data and reports
- Synchronization of metabolic data with activity, food and water uptake and body mass
- Fastest cage time constant (full cage air exchange) and cycle time (multiplexed sampling rate every 2.5 minutes) for accurately recording fast metabolic events
- Autocalibration process without chemical scrubbers
- Battery backup in case of power outage
- Easy maintenance and cleaning
The Promethion Core High Definition Multiplexed Respirometry System for mice synchronously measures energy expenditure, RQ, VO2, VCO2 and activity. The SableHD™ High Definition platform updates once per second for all sensors in every cage – including position, food and water intake, wheel running, body mass and more – creating a richer data stream, secure GLP compliant raw data storage and analytical flexibility. Actual study data is preserved in its original form, ensuring full traceability for GLP compliance or peer review. This multiplexed system allows for the fastest sampling rates in the industry.
Each Promethion Core™ rack system has its own analyzers and on-board computer for data acquisition and storage, providing optimized monitoring of up to 16 animals. Multiple racks are easily networked together with all data combined into one large database, maximizing scalability of study size without compromising quality of results. Multiple studies can be configured and run simultaneously without adding computing equipment. Researchers can monitor each animal 24/7 via a browser-based interface accessible by authorized smartphones, tablets or computers. One-hour battery backup allows uninterrupted data acquisition during transport or during a power failure. The system is designed for optimizing workflow efficiency, with hot-swappable components and magnetic mounts for quick exchange of hoppers and measurement devices.
This leading-edge system is designed by scientists, for scientists, to provide optimal animal enrichment without sacrificing accuracy. High resolution data is dependent on constant flow and rapid exchange of air in the cage. Only Sable Systems guarantees complete air exchange of 15 times per hour in each cage in compliance with IACUC standards for mouse calorimetry. In contrast, poorly circulating airflow caused by the add-on gantries or other push-mode limitations of conventional systems creates error prone ‘dead space.’ Improper air flow and slow cage air exchange leads to blurring of the metabolic data making it impossible to clearly distinguish active and resting periods, compromising the accuracy of the metabolic data overall.
- Promethion Core Rack Mount Instrumentation includes:
- Triple Gas Single Path Analyzer
- 16-channel Flow Generator and Multiplexer
- Promethion IM-3 Interface Module including onboard computer and memory
- Vacuum Pump
- Precision Mass Monitors
- Magnetic Mount Food Hopper
- Magnetic Mount Water Bottle with Sipper Tube
- Data Acquisition and Analysis Software
- Browser-based interface accessible by authorized smartphones, tablets or computers on the lab’s intranet.
- 1-hr Battery backup
- Body Mass Measurement – Enrichment Accessory
- Access Control Unit
- 3-D IR Beam Break Array
- Activity Detector Vibration Sensor Pad
- Desktop Computer with Monitor
- Telemetry Bases for Temperature, Heart Rate and Activity
- Running Wheel
- Environmental Sensor Array
- Pathogen-Free Isolation Mouse Cage