- Provides surveillance over the study environment, enabling researchers to determine if environmental conditions are within the desired range
- Acts as an environmental “hexacorder”, capturing 6 different parameters at once: humidity, barometric pressure, temperature, light, occupancy and sound.
- Integrates with Sable Promethion systems for correlation with respirometry, calorimetry, metabolic and behavioral data
- Compatible with MetaScreen 2.2.20+, CaloScreen 1.3.0+ and SableScreen 3.0.0+ data collection and analysis software
- Includes flexible tripod mount for precise positioning
The Promethion ESA provides the unique ability to detect subtle or significant signals in the experimental operating environment that may influence research quality or confound its analysis. You will be able to see and document possible triggers for anomalous animal or cellular behaviors that typically go unexplained, including intrusive disturbances, variations in temperature or barometric pressure, and the impact of sound or light level. Information captured is integrated and synchronized with Sable’s Promethion MetaScreen, CaloScreen or SableScreen data collection and analysis software applications, allowing researchers to correlate environmental changes with study data. It can be teamed with any Promethion system for use in mouse and rat metabolic phenotyping, room calorimetry, genomics, metabolomics, cellular metabolism studies and more.
The Promethion Environmental Sensor Array was used to measure sound, temperature, and relative humidity in a room with central climate control. The periodic increases in sound level correspond to the central climate control engaging, which was barely audible to the human ear. Note how increases in temperature and decreases in RH correspond to when the ventilation system is engaged.
ESA Environmental Sensor Array
Materials:Anodized aluminum chasis and end caps; ABS bezels
|Operating Temperature:||0 – 65 degrees C|
|Sensor Resolution:||Temperature resolution 0.01 C
RH sensor with 0.01% resolution, switchable to WVP at 0.001 kPa (RMS)
BP sensor with 0.001 kPa resolution
Light sensor with 0.05 Lux – 1 Lux resolution (auto-ranging)
Sound sensor with 20 – 100+ dB range
Occupancy sensor with 10 m human detection range
|Sensor Range:||0.05 to 10,000 Lux|
|Communications:||SableCAN protocol via TRRS cable|
|Recommended Calibration Interval:||1 Year|
|Power Requirements:||Powered over the TRRS cable from cage controller, which is powered through a 15 VDC adapter|
|Dimensions (W x D x H):||2.2 x 3.5 x 1 in. (57 x 90 x 23 mm)|