- Maintains 16 simultaneous, individual air flows from 5 mL/min to 200 mL/min
- Selects the air flows from each chamber in succession and directs that air flow to external gas analyzers
- Six external voltages can be measured by a high resolution (16 bit) analog-to-digital converter
- Fully programmable for all aspects of its operation and can operate under computer control or as a stand-alone instrument
- Records data to a computer or to an internal SD card
- Data files can be loaded directly into Sable Expedata or Microsoft Excel for further analysis
The Sable MAVEn™ system is an integrated, compact 16-channel flow generator for small insect flow-through respirometry. Each flow is pushed through a sealed container holding a subject animal. The system automatically selects the air flows from each chamber in succession, with optional baseline interleaving, and directs that air flow to external gas analyzers. Six external instruments such as O2, CO2, H2O, animal activity levels, barometric pressure, ambient temperature and light levels can be monitored. Further expansion is planned that will measure larger arthropods, fish, and amphibians, up to small lizards, snakes, mammals and birds.
Compact and cost-effective, the MAVEn packs unprecedented metabolic measurement power and versatility into a slim, easy-to-use instrument.
|Inlet air:||Supplied by user; pressure (2 kPa up to 200 kPa) depends on maximum flow rate desired; may be tank or pumped air of any composition; optional pump available|
|Number of simultaneous push flow streams:||16 animal channels plus baseline|
|Flow rate range:||5 mL/minute to 200 mL/minute, mass flow, precisely controlled via a PID loop|
|Flow rate accuracy:||2% of reading + 1 mL/minute typical|
|Dwell time per animal:||Programmable from 15 seconds to 3 hours|
|Baseline duration:||Programmable from 15 seconds to 3 hours|
|Baseline interleaving:||Programmable from every chamber switch to every 16 chamber switches|
|Animal activity detection:||Available as optional accessory; recorded with temperature and light level in the data stream|
|SD card support:||Micro SD card (up to 32GB) data saved as date- and time-stamped CSV files|
|Real time clock:||Accurate to 1 minute/year|
|Analog inputs:||6 inputs; 16 bit resolution (1 part in 65,536); range -5V to +5V; typically used to capture analog data from user-supplied gas analyzers|
|Analog input connections:||Research grade BNC female sockets|
|Barometric pressure measurement:||Resolution 1 Pa (0.001 kPa); accuracy 0.05%|
|Light level:||0.1 to 5000 Lux|
|Ambient temperature measurement:||Resolution 0.01 deg C, accuracy ±0.25 deg C|
[RoyalSlider Error] No post attachments found.