- High-throughput and workflow friendly
- Synchronization of metabolic data with food and water uptake and body mass
- Multiplexed dwell time/cage as low as 30 seconds per cage and two minute cycle time for metabolic data.
- Highly integrated system with real-time display
- Self-calibrating with no chemical scrubbers
The Promethion High Definition Multiplexed Respirometry System for rats synchronously measures energy expenditure, RQ, VO2, VCO2 and activity. High definition is fundamentally resolution with depth of field. Sable’s Promethion digital platform updates once per second for all sensors in every cage – including position, intake, wheel running, body mass and more – creating a richer data stream, secure GLP compliant raw data storage and analytical flexibility.
High resolution is dependent on constant flow and rapid exchange of air in the cage. In contrast, poorly circulating airflow caused by the add-on gantries or other push-mode limitations of conventional systems creates error prone ‘dead space.’ Sable also gives you the flexibility advantage: gas analyzers, flow generators, multiplexers, software and interfaces can be used interchangeably for rat or mouse by adding the appropriate activity detector.
This leading-edge system is designed by scientists, for scientists, to provide optimal animal enrichment without sacrificing accuracy.
- Triple Gas Single Path Analyzer
- 8 Channel Flow Generator
- 110-120V Vacuum Pump
- Promethion Interface Module
- Cage Controller Data Interface
- Precision Mass Monitor
- Cage System with Additional Home Cage
- Food Hopper
- Water Bottle with Sipper Tube
- Body Mass Measurement – Enrichment Accessory
- Data Acquisition and Analysis Software
- Data Acquisition Software for Multiplexed Promethion Systems
- Access Control Unit
- Perforated Cage Floor
- 3-D IR Beam Break Array
- Temperature Control Cabinet (Solid or Clear Door)
- SableBus Relay
- Eight Channel Flow and Calibration Multiplexer
- Desktop Computer with Monitor
- Environmental Monitoring Device
- Instrument Rack
- Heavy Duty Wire Shelf
- Telemetry Bases for Temperature Activity
- Telemetry Bases for Temperature, Heart Rate and Activity
- Activity Wheel
*Quantity of individual components will vary, depending upon your sample size and/or number of cages.
The chart above shows the temporal resolution of a typical competitor’s multiplexed system in which several cages share a gas analysis chain (red line), compared to our new parallel, continuous system (black line). Promethion accurately tracks the energy expenditure accompanying even brief episodes of activity or inactivity, enabling quantification of rapid, subtle metabolic signals from multiple animals simultaneously with more accurate allocation of energy costs to specific behaviors than previously possible.
Promethion’s high resolution activity detection arrays capture actual activity and discard noise, giving an accurate indication of real activity (orange trace at the bottom of the graph). Body mass is shown as the black line at the top of the graph and energy expenditure (EE) is in blue. You can see that the EE drops to a low, relatively stable level when the mouse (in this case a 22 g C57BL/6J male) is inactive. The small oscillations visible in EE during inactivity are real, and are not detectable by lower-resolution systems. Then, with each bout of activity, you can see EE rising to a relatively stable level and falling back down to resting levels after the activity bout ceases. Due to Promethion’s high resolution, there is no blurring or smearing of the data.
[RoyalSlider Error] No post attachments found.